SOCIAL MEDIA

Doll Play - St. Patrick's Day Slumber Party Part 2

Sunday, March 17, 2013
Happy St. Patrick's Day!  May the luck of the Irish be on your side on this fine day!  I wanted to quick share what else we did for our celebrating of St. Patrick's Day with the dolls.  In addition to all of the other doll crafting we did on Friday, yesterday it continued on a bit with some baking of Irish Soda Bread.

Irish Soda Bread for your dolls - This was SO MUCH FUN!!  I mixed up the dough, making a double batch of the recipe found here on Doll Diaries and the girls went to town making and designing their own loaves of bread.  It quickly became apparent that we needed to branch out and make a variety of different kinds of breads for the dolls...it was way too much fun to just focus on the soda bread!




I just loved seeing all the different variations of the loaves...so beautiful!  I helped with the two braided loaves otherwise the girls were on their own.



I used watered down acrylic paint for our bread "wash" and then had the girls wipe it off with a paper towel to make it a bit more realistic and faded looking.





So pretty!


After our bread baking the girls were a bit tired of crafting and were wanting to listen to music and dance so I made up this craft quickly for them...this is also from Doll Diaries but I changed it up a bit because I didn't want to sew.  :)

Shamrock Doll Headband - I cut out a shamrock shape from felt and then adhered it to a stretchy cord and was done!  So super easy and super cute.





That's about it for our celebrating with the dolls this year!  Now Zoey is hoping that the leprechauns will come to our house tonight so she can trap one!  We shall see...we haven't been lucky in that department so far...they usually leave quite the mess for us to clean up actually!

Happy St. Patrick's Day from all of us at AG Doll Play!

9 comments :

  1. Love your "bread" came out so realistic and beautiful! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tobey!! We are just tickled with how they turned out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome gave me lots of idears for my american girl dolls thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that you were able to use some of these ideas for your dolls!! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you gave me and my friends a lot of doll play ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing that you are having fun with us Treetop Blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I will try this craft for my dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ag dolls! I'm a fan of these great crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!