Here's a quick rundown of how I made it.
Remove any loose staples, paper and plastic mesh from the box.
Cut out some cushion for the top. I laid the box upside down on some batting and cut out two layers.
A velvet shirt from my sewing stash was cut up and reassembled to make the couch cover. I measured the sides and the top adding a 1/4 inch to each side I'd be sewing together. (I didn't need to sew the bottom of the cover as I utilized the original hem from the shirt.) When finished sewing simply slide the cover over the box.
Here's Crystal sitting on her couch with a lot of throw pillows. Ruby requested enough pillows for two couches! We even inspired Jen and Zoey to try out this project and this is what their version ended up being...and keep in mind that Jen is not someone who regularly will attempt sewing projects!
I love re-purposing something for the dolls that I would have otherwise thrown out. And this one came with fruit!