SOCIAL MEDIA

Doll Craft - Make Your Doll Flip Flops!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

We are starting to get the itch for Spring break around here...it would be lovely to be able to get to go some place warm (though the reality of that happening probably isn't likely), despite the fact that it's still awhile until Spring break... the dolls are thinking about things like swim suits and flip flops just to get into the right mind set!  A girl (or doll) can never be too prepared right? Zoey collects cool colored and patterned duct tape so after seeing a really simple looking doll shoe online made using craft foam and ribbon, we decided to attempt a flip flop shoe using duct tape in place of the ribbon and our idea turned out super cute!  We had to share our "how to" with you here (click on the photos to enlarge if needed):











Be sure to let us know if you make a pair of flip flops for your doll using funky duct tape! We would love to see how they turned out!

post signature

17 comments :

  1. Wonderful tutorial Jen and Zoey! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Karen!! They are addicting to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory and I will be making these for sure! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo darling! What adhesive do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, definitely making them for my neice! What glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a similar pattern online which I made for my daughter--it involves knitting the toe strap and then using craft foam as you did--but I think I'm gonna go back and add the foam trim around the edges. Yours looks so much more finished ... and I may have to try the duct tape version as well--too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!! this is so really cool and unique i will definitely be making these shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am gonna make these on my 7th bday. they are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute and easy idea for flip flops for 18" dolls. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some really cool stuff on this site. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! I'm going to use it foe my sleep over party! Used paper instead of foam, worked the same.
    (had no foam!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute! What adhesive did you use? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! I'm definitely going to make some for my dolls!
    ~Lilah
    www.worldofmagic-ljs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these. I'm realy going to try this next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great! What adhesive did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!