SOCIAL MEDIA

American Girl Star Album Memory Book

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Our little scrapbooking session was a hit!  We had so much fun...for those that may have missed my previous post, I made two little scrapbooks for Zoey and her friend Gracie to fill with photos and stickers and things to remember their visit to the American Girl store together this past summer.  I chose to make a star album because I thought it would be cool to have it fold out in a star...since American Girl has the star as part of their logo.  


I used patterned papers from the American Girl Crafts collection of papers that are sold and manufactured by EK Success.


Here is the book folded open and tied...pretty neat huh?


I made the covers of the books the same for each girl and let them do whatever they wanted to the insides...for the complete directions to create the basic star album itself check out the site Scrapbook-Crazy.  I created the album by following their directions with the exception of not using the 6 pieces of 8 x 5 3/4 inch pieces of cardstock.  We didn't need that much paper and it allowed the inside pages of the album to be a bit bigger so the girls were able to put more things on them.  If you aren't familiar with scrapbooking, to create something like this using a simple paper trimmer such as this one would really make this project easier.  I like using adhesive runners for my scrapbooking projects but any adhesive that is a favorite would be just fine.



I put out a basket of ready to go photos for them to use making sure that I had duplicates of all of them so each girl could get and use what they wanted.


Here is a close-up of the chipboard alphabet stickers from the American Girl Crafts collection.  They are adhesive backed so the girls just needed to peel off the backing and they were good to go!


I also pulled out some little sticky gems and then along with the alphabet letters we also had some little hearts and butterflies and things for them to use.  I cut some star journaling spots for them to use using my Silhouette Cameo die-cutting machine.



Here the girls are getting busy with their books!  I also gave them a sheet of paper that had a whole bunch of cute and fun quotes from the same paper pack by American Girl Crafts to cut and adhere to their book pages as they wanted.  A quick and easy way for them to have a little "journaling" on their pages!


It was fun listening to the girls talk about their memories from visiting the American Girl store this past summer as they scrapped.





Here are some peeks at the pages in their albums at various stages of progress...I LOVE THEM!!!













Zoey looks a wee bit crazy in this photo (perhaps it has something to do with how little sleep she got at this sleepover????) but the girls had SO much fun and I am thinking that we may need to schedule some fairly routine scrapbooking sessions with these two!  It was a great way to spend part of an afternoon. 

post signature

4 comments :

  1. How FABulous! I want to come and play too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicky! It's so fun that Zoey is getting more into scrapbooking and papercrafting projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a great mom like you, this album made me so happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Michael's birthday party in 4th grade, and we made treasure boxes, and we used the exact same letter stickers!
    ~Norah~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!