Monday, April 8, 2013

Sewing with Misty - Turn Pants into a Doll Skirt!

Now that our doll family has doubled in size to four dolls, I've been scouring the internet for easy doll clothing to make.  I was really happy when I found this quick tutorial on Creating My Way to Success for a denim skirt made out of a pants leg by Creatively Content!

Here's our Molly wearing her new denim skirt.  I love how quickly this skirt came together and really, any pant(s) leg would work.  How cute would a corduroy skirt be?

Denim Doll Skirt

I added some lace trim to the bottom of my skirt for a sweet touch and used some puffy paint and a sharpie to hide some existing stains.  Here's a look at the inside of Molly's skirt.  All I used was a basic straight stitch for the waist as well as for the lace.

Inside Out Demin Doll Skirt

And that's it!  Now to find more pants around here to cut up!


Thank you for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips